All of us here at Urban Airship have a passion for developing solutions that are quick and easy for our customers to implement. But what happens if things aren’t working like you expect and you have a question? How can you find answers?
Our Community Often Knows the Answer
What do you do if you’ve looked through the Knowledge Base and still have questions? What happens if you need to contact our Technical Support Team? How do you know if you can contact our team? Information about our support levels and what is provided can be found on the Urban Airship Support Services page.
Helping Us Help You
When contacting Technical Support, what can you expect? We do our best to provide timely and thorough answers to the issues and problems brought to us. However, there are some things you can do to get a more timely and useful answer. With that in mind, here we present the critical pieces of information that can aid us in investigating your issue and help us get you the best answer in the least time:
1. Username: The username on your account. This helps us check the level of support we can provide.
2. App Key: If your question is specific to an app, sending us the app key will help us investigate. To find your app key, open your app in the Urban Airship Dashboard [go.urbanairship.com] and nagivate to Settings > APIs & Integrations. Please don’t send us your App Secret or App Master Secret.
3. Push ID: If your question is specific to an individual notification, and you are able to retrieve the Push ID, including that in your request will expedite an answer. The Push ID can be found in the address bar in the push’s Full Report page. See How to Find the Push ID for more detail on locating this important information.
4. Device ID: If your question is specific to a device — for instance, a notification is not arriving on the device as expected — if you can provide a device identifier, we will be able to retrieve details about the device that can help find the answer. See How to Retrieve Device Tokens or How to Retrieve Your Android Channel.
5. Screenshots: If you are seeing a problem in the dashboard, include a screenshot or two to help us see what you are seeing. A picture is worth a thousand words.
6. Reproduce the Issue: If you can, share detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem. Sometimes going through the process of reproducing the issue can help you troubleshoot and find a solution, and it’s good to check if it’s something that happens again and again.
7. Logs: Having the details provided in your logs will help us provide an expedited answer, especially if your issue is passed to our escalation team. See these articles for further information:
8. Code Snippets: Depending on your issue, this might include the app delegate or the code from your app where you call takeOff, your AirshipConfig.plist file, your airshipconfig.properties file or your AndroidManifest.xml.
9. Versions: What version of the Urban Airship SDK are you using? Does the issue occur with the latest version of the SDK?
10. Details, Details, Details: Feel free to share as much information about the problem as you can provide. Try to describe it in as much detail as you can. The more you can provide, the more quickly we can investigate and get back to you with a resolution.
Hopefully, you won’t have to contact Technical Support very often, or ever. But if you do, it’s our goal to provide a top-notch customer experience while working together with you toward a solution.
Subscribe for updates
If the form doesn't render correctly, kindly disable the ad blocker on your browser and refresh the page.
- About AXP
- About Data Privacy
- About MAX
- Airship News & Updates
- Analytics & Data
- Best Practices
- Digital Marketing Trends
- Engagement Channels
- Lifecycle Marketing
- Marketing Orchestration