Full Disclosure Security Policy
Date: August 9 , 2023 — Previous Version
Our aim is to provide the best services we can in a highly secure fashion. We take security very seriously. Part of that is communication with the security community at large. We are providing this policy as a way to get in touch with us when researchers spot issues within our system. This gives researchers a way to give us feedback and to act as a guide for communication between the researcher and Airship.
Airship’s security policy provides guidelines for interaction between our company and security researchers. Upon discovering a security issue and communicating it with email@example.com, a researcher can expect a response within seven days.
Airship is responsible for delivering status updates at least once every seven days until the problem is resolved or a fix is scheduled for release. We ask for full participation from researchers during this period.
Working with Airship is, of course, a voluntary choice, and a choice that hopefully researchers respect and accept accordingly. The goal of following this policy, above all else, is education: for Airship, for the researcher, our customers, and the community.
Responsible Disclosure Guidelines:
This hypothetical workflow illustrates the simple set of guidelines at work behind this policy:
- Researcher discovers a security threat
- Researcher documents the threat
- Researcher sends email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the security issue
- Within five days, Airship will respond to a researcher with the status regarding the security issue and possible resolutions
- Every five days thereafter, Airship is required to send a status update to the researcher and to seek feedback on solutions
- When the security issue has been satisfactorily resolved, the researcher is welcome to publicly disclose the finding
- Share the issue with Airship prior to sharing it publicly or with any other party via email, the only authorized method of communication in which any research or potential findings should be discussed.
- Allow us reasonable time to respond (seven days to acknowledge and seven day update intervals) to the issue before disclosing it publicly or sharing with any other party
- Be aware that some services that we use at Airship are not under our control. While we strive to ensure our systems and vendors we use are as secure as possible, we depend on our vendors to ensure their products are up to our security standards.
- All submissions must be new discoveries. Awards will only be provided to the first researcher who submits a particular security vulnerability or bug. Duplicate reports do not receive awards. Airship determines duplicates at its sole discretion and will not share details on prior similar reports. If a subsequent report on a previously evaluated issue reveals that a vulnerability still remains or is more serious than initially judged, Airship will also award the second submission.
- The researcher must not reside in a country currently under U.S. sanctions.
- Please provide detailed reports with reproducible steps. The researcher must not cut and paste a tool output into a submission without including additional analysis demonstrating the exploitability of a vulnerability. If the report is a false positive or is not detailed enough to reproduce the issue, the researcher will not be eligible for an award.
- Multiple vulnerabilities caused by one underlying issue will receive one award.
- You are 13 years of age or older. If you are at least 13 years old but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must obtain your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to participating in this program
Acknowledgements for third party security issues impacting Airship are issued at Airship’s discretion (E.g. Inclusion in the Hall of Fame).
Please only test services to which you have authorized access. The following testing is not allowed:
|Denial of Service||NONE||Any action that disables or makes Airship resources unavailable|
|Distributed Denial of Service||NONE||Performance testing, maxing out network bandwidth, or overloading resources with multiple sources|
|Brute Force Attacks||NONE||Persistent or iterative attacks against Airship production environments|
|Using components with Known Vulnerabilities||NONE||Reporting 3rd party components or libraries Airship is currently using are out of date or vulnerable|
|Bulk Export of Data||NONE||Removing data from Airship without our permission in bulk from our systems.|
|Non-Disclosure of Security Bug||NONE||No bounty or acknowledgement will be issued for disclosing a bug or vulnerability publicly without informing Airship in accordance with this policy|
|DNS, DNSSEC, SPF or DMARC Configuration Suggestions||NONE||Any suggestions involving the current configurations around these systems and protocols will NOT be acknowledged.|
|HTTP, HTTPS or TLS Security Header Configuration||NONE||Any suggestions involving the current configurations around these protocols will NOT be acknowledged.|
The following URLs are in scope for our program:
www.airship.com www.airship.eu www.gummicube.com www.apptimize.eu www.apptimize.com analyze.airship.com analyze-api.airship.com docs.airship.com go.airship.com sftp.airship.com support-eu.airship.com support.airship.com team.airship.com accengage.net device-api.urbanairship.com combine.urbanairship.com
Vulnerability Disclosure Program Reward
We deeply appreciate the contributions of security researchers like you. Currently, we only offer non-monetary rewards for each confirmed vulnerability report. These rewards include a T-shirt to proudly showcase your achievement. Additionally, all eligible researchers will be honored with a well-deserved place in our prestigious Hall of Fame, where your name will be displayed among the talented individuals who have made significant contributions to improving our security posture.
To send secure emails to our security team, please use the following PGP Fingerprint:
This is an open-ended dialogue. If there is anything missing, you have a question, or if you’re just curious, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Hall of Fame
The hall of fame recognizes researchers findings publicly for the last four quarters. Thank you to everyone for your submissions and for working closely with Airship.
|Orion Joshi||Nepal||Q4 FY23||Security Misconfiguration||2023/01/31|
|Ramesh Yadav||India||Q1 FY24||No Rate Limit||2023/02/10|
|Siddesha GC||India||Q1 FY24||Security Misconfiguration||2023/02/24|
|Aakash Tayal||India||Q1 FY24||Security Misconfiguration||2023/03/24|
|Parag Bapu Bagul||India||Q2 FY24||Input Validation||2023/04/18|
|Yash Kushwah||India||Q2 FY24||Out-of-Date jQuery||2023/04/18|
|Vikas Anand||India||Q2 FY24||Directory Listing||2023/06/14|
|Nikhil Rane||India||Q3 FY24||Security Misconfiguration||2023/07/21|
|Amol Verma||India||Q3 FY24||Security Misconfiguration||2023/08/11|
|Shivam Sharma||India||Q3 FY24||Security Misconfiguration||2023/08/29|