Brand leaders and industry experts unite with Urban Airship to discuss the hottest topics driving mobile innovation and business results
PORTLAND, Ore., – February 12, 2015 – As SXSW Interactive’s only official daylong programming dedicated to mobile, Mobile Saturday’s price of admission has always been a SXSW registration badge, unusually rainy weather, long lines wrapped around the block and standing-room only. The third annual Mobile Saturday is taking place March 14 at the Downtown Austin Radisson—a venue three times the size as years prior—giving more people the opportunity to hear the latest thinking on what’s driving mobile innovation and how leading businesses are achieving proven and dramatic successes today.
Urban Airship assembled an all-star line-up of customers, partners and experts to explore mobile’s hottest topics and will moderate five panel discussions throughout the day featuring representatives from: 451 Research, ABC News, AKQA, Breaking News (NBC), Forrester Research, Gimbal, HomeAway, Location Based Marketing Association, R/GA, Redbox, RetailMeNot, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Visa, Walmart and The Wendy's Company.
Those interested in attending can register to receive Mobile Saturday updates and be among the first to receive video recaps following the event, or follow @MobileSaturday on Twitter for live event updates. The full agenda for Mobile Saturday at SXSW includes:
9:30 – 10:30 am: Mobile Beyond Marketing: the Era of Un-Advertising
The implications to marketing and advertising are massive since consumers who have curated your brand onto their devices don’t expect you to advertise to them, but rather un-advertise, i.e. serve them with personal value, not corporate jingles.
- Arlie Sisson, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Associate Director, Mobile Product Strategy
- Brendan Wright, Walmart, International Mobile Products
- Sonia Nagar, RetailMeNot, Senior Director of Mobile
- Brent Hieggelke, Urban Airship, CMO
11:00 – Noon: Driving to Retention: a Simple Roadmap
Hear how leading brands systematically approach Mobile Onboarding, Activation and Retention (MOAR) to dynamically pre-program their success.
- Ben Jones, AKQA, CTO
- Peter Roybal, ABC News, Head of Mobile Products
- Kimberlie Christen, Redbox, Senior Mobile Marketing Manager
- Alyssa Meritt, Urban Airship, Head of Strategic Consulting
12:30 – 1:30 pm: Changing the Human Experience with Mobile Location
The digital world is flat, experienced as pixels on a screen, but mobile is round—it’s with you wherever you are and increasingly connected to everything around you. We are on the cusp of a new world of effortless experiences and serendipitous moments as consumers go from handy GPS directions to highly contextual, real-world experiences.
- Ajay Waghray, HomeAway, Mobile Product Manager
- Kevin Hunter, Gimbal, Chief Operating Officer
- Cory Bergman, Breaking News (NBC), General Manager
- Michael Richardson, Urban Airship, Co-Founder & Senior Director of Product
2:00 – 3:00 pm: “Watch” What Happens Next: a World of Wearables
Panelists will discuss the latest trends and initiatives shaping the future of an already rapidly growing ecosystem of wearables and mobile services, shedding light on today’s successful strategies and demystifying the challenges and opportunities to navigate the course ahead.
- Richard Ting, R/GA, Global Chief Experience Officer
- Asif Khan, Location Based Marketing Association, Founder & President
- Julie Ask, Forrester Research, Principal Analyst
- Scott Townsend, Urban Airship, Director of Agency Programs
3:30 – 4:30 pm: Wallet Wars: Payments are Just the Beginning
As retailers, mobile device makers, credit card companies and social networks battle it out for mobile payment supremacy, this critical mass around wallets will open up even more valuable opportunities to engage consumers and close the loop between acquisition and conversion across all channels.
- Brian Kirby, The Wendy’s Company, Digital Marketing Manager
- Jordan McKee, 451 Research, Senior Analyst
- Jeremy Nicholas, Visa, Vice President, Digital Product Marketing
- Stephanie Capretto, Urban Airship, Strategist
“Our work with today’s leading mobile innovators, puts us in a unique position to spark world-class debate that can help guide everyone through this new era of marketing and connect with consumers in more relevant and authentic ways,” said Urban Airship CEO and president Brett Caine. “SXSW Interactive is the perfect place for this exchange of ideas, focusing not only on what’s driving success today but on new developments shaping tomorrow’s opportunities.”
About Urban Airship
Urban Airship enables brands to build relationships with their constantly connected customers through Mobile Relationship Management. Its solutions streamline the creation, delivery and management of highly targeted cross-platform mobile push messages, in-app messages, rich app pages, Apple Passbook passes and Google Wallet cards. With billions of messages and tens of thousands of passes delivered each month, Urban Airship's technology sparks exceptional consumer experiences, drives app engagement and increases customer loyalty and lifetime value for the world's largest retail, media & entertainment, sports and travel & hospitality brands. For more information, visit www.urbanairship.com and follow us on Twitter @urbanairship.