The US Open app seeks to give all fans an exceptional experience, whether they’re at the game or halfway across the world.
The USTA wanted to test new capabilities in its app, including micro-targeting with beacons to provide the ideal mobile experience for fans, while learning about foot traffic.
Objectives for the event app include:
- Increase notification relevance and fan engagement with personalized notifications
- Get partners more visibility in the app to drive additional revenue
- Create an amazing fan experience with an app-based “day guide” for attendees
Hosted by the United States Tennis Association (USTA), the US Open is a sporting event held each year at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center and watched by tennis fans around the world.
Using location targeted Push Notifications and Message Center messages, the US Open achieved open rates above 53% for live streaming notifications and 32% average click-through rate for last-minute ticket offers.
We’re excited about being digital innovators. We’re expanding on that by testing beacons to better engage users and provide more contextual experiences with both push notifications and rich content in the message center.”
Creating an Amazing Fan Experience
- Location Based TargetingThe US Open pairs beacons, push notifications, message center and rich content to create a magical fan experience. Triggered notifications welcome fans to the event and invite them to matches and signings.
- Message Center Maximizes User ExperienceBecause content was available in the message center for viewing later at users’ convenience, the number of views for message center content was even higher than the total number sent.
- Boost Partner IncomeThe US Open app gave partners additional exposure and engagement directly with users at the event.
Let us show you how your brand can create personalized notifications like this — on mobile or on any channel!