E.ON’s mobile mission statement is to create experiences with customer needs at their heart, allowing users to interact effortlessly with E.ON where they want to be. Mobile provides a unique opportunity to allow customers to interact with E.ON when and where it works best for them. For E.ON — this is key.
E.ON found that their mobile app users:
- Login to their accounts more frequently and complete more tasks than website-only users
- Call into customer support lines less frequently
- Churn at a lower rate
Because of these
E.ON worked closely with Airship’s strategic consulting and managed services teams to implement several campaigns to help take mobile engagement to the next level.
E.ON is one of the leading energy providers in the U.K., providing electricity and gas to around 4.6 million people.
Using A/B testing to see which types of messages result in the most engagement and use push notifications for reminders to submit meter reads and finish tasks, E.ON’s Message Center reminders achieved read rates as high as 35% with a 23% conversion rate.
Our innovative mobile engagement strategies have positively impacted our business goals and objectives and — most importantly — have helped us create an app that drives value for our customers.”
Creating Win/Win Messaging for E.ON & Their Customers
Push notifications, message center, and A/B testing combined to create significant ROI for E.ON.
- Drive High Value Actions With Push NotificationsPush notifications remind E.ON app users to submit their meter reads in the app – saving customers time, and saving E.ON money.
- Sending Reminders With Custom Events & Message CenterCustom event tracking allowed E.ON to see which users did and didn’t complete certain tasks so they could send personalized follow-up messages.
- A/B Testing to Boost UpsellE.ON’s mobile team implemented a push notification A/B test to ensure they were sending the kinds of messages that drove the highest engagement.
Let us show you how your brand can create personalized notifications like this — on mobile or on any channel!